Friday, February 15, 2008

Boris Yeltsin, I love you.


Despite your drunken bridge-stumblings and 2% end-of-term popularity rating, I mean, you were the first president of Russia, and without Russia, there'd be no Greg Estren. I miss him, dearly. Because of this, I think Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin's name is warranted. Completely affirmed in fact of my own love for you. Admiration and interest in the least, but that's besides the point of this post. The point is, I'm a fan of the bands music, not really just their name. That makes me excited about Pershing, the soon-to-be-blasted-at-pablos-pizzeria new second full album. I've heard "Glue Girls", the first track off Pershing, and I hear a slightly faster, harder, if not subtly rockier sound. It has the same soft-tendered vocals and blippily-tweedy guitar, but closer to combining the poppier Spinto Band sound with something like Voxtrot. Raw. -er. I like it. Listen to it here. Or other stuff here. Be their friend. His friend too.

No comments: